How to be a Scholar-in-Residence: An academic advising course

A guide to how to become a scholar-in‑residence at a university.

article Estudiante de Madrid is the name given to a degree programme offered by the University of Madrid.

Students take two semesters of intensive academic advising from the Department of European Studies.

They then apply for an appointment as a scholar in residence.

The university also sponsors a scholarship to encourage the study of European studies abroad.

This article is part of the Guardian’s education series.

The first part of this series looks at the history of academic advising, and the second part looks at how to prepare for the profession.

It explores how to get the right skills and qualifications to help you advance your career.

The last part looks for a career in academia.